[XML-SIG] Handling of character entity references

Mark E. snowball3@softhome.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:54:10 -0400

Randall Nortman wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:46:14AM -0400, Mark E. wrote:

> Everything parsed fine, but "é" was translated to nothing (no
> character in that spot at all) on output. I suspect the skippedEntity
> method needs to actually *do* something other than just print that it
> is skipping an entity

I'm not familiar with the DOM part of pyxml, but from a quick
examination of the DOM code, it seems to me like the skippedEntity
handler should create a "entity reference" object and add it to the
document.

If you still have difficulties after this hint, you might want to post
your expat DOM sample code so perhaps someone can point out where you've
gone wrong.

Mark