[XML-SIG] install problem: can't find libraries (modules)

Paul Tremblay phthenry@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 00:45:15 -0400

I just downloaded the most recent version (0.5.5.1) of PyXml. I
performed the normal build with no problems. I installed the packages
as the README told me to, putting them is site-packags/xml.

However, Python does not seem to be able to find these libraries.
I ran the dem script sax/saxdemo.py, and got this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/src/PyXML-0.5.5.1/demo/sax/saxdemo.py", line 5, in ?
    from xml.sax import saxexts, saxlib, saxutils
ImportError: cannot import name saxexts

I get similar messages when I try to run any of the XML software. For
example, when I try to run expat directly, I get a messae that pyexpat
cannot be found.

Thanks

Paul

--