[XML-SIG] XSLT sorting by "authors" element, with multiple authors

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@comcast.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:33:37 -0400

[Paul Tremblay]

> > Best to go to the Mulberry xslt list with xslt questions!  The two
> > instructions you mention are not in xslt1.0 but rather in the draft
xslt2.0.
> > It seems unlikely that the 4Thought people will ever have much interest
in
> > getting 4xslt conformant with xslt2.0, so you need another approach.
>
> Why is this?

Read the archives of xml-dev for the last few months, or of the xslt list
for the last 6 months, and you will see a lot of anguish over the complexity
of combining XSL Schema types with xslt and xpath (sometimes the discussion
is more focused on XQuery, but there is a close relationship because
XQuery's needs have strongly influenced xpath2).

Uche has said many times that he thinks that xpath2/xslt2 are complex
abominations (my words, trying to capture what I think he expressed) and
that he has no interest in implementing them.

He is interested in an alternative approach to a new xpath/xslt and there is
a small list where it is being discussed.

Cheers,

Tom P