[XML-SIG] Advice on how to deal with locking problems using python-wrapped C libs in MT frameworks like Zope/Twisted?

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:08:17 -0500

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 01:13:34PM -0500, Craeg K Strong wrote:
> Yes, indeed.  The problem, of course, will be to provide a small piece
> of code and a
> reasonably efficient scenario to reproduce the problem.
>
> Do you have any advice as to how I might go about doing this?  For example,
> if you or another libxslt committer is already a Zope user, it may not
> be a big deal if
> I register the bug report and attach a small snippet of python code to
> reproduce
> the problem while running inside Zope.   If not, it might be more
> difficult.  Is there an alternate, \
> possibly more lightweight python framework you would prefer?
>
> I can see I am going to have to educate myself on the intricacies of the
> Python/C API,
> I can't put this off any longer... :-o

  Well if you can reproduce it outside of Zope with the default python
bindings that would allow me to debug it, a tar or a zip with the
XSL/XML/python code reproducing the problem then I start gdb and I can
find what's happening :-)

Daniel