[XML-SIG] SOAP, Web services, hype, and Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:51:43 +0100

>>I agree that getting everything to work isn't easy, which is one of the
>>reasons why Tim Couper and I have developed the Siena Web Services
>>Architecture (http://www.siena-tech.com/) -- it basically does away
>>with all the complicated stuff and lets programmers think about the
>>services themselves rather than all the logistics that go between the
>>using application and the server.
>
> Very interesting.  Another stealthy project I would have hoped would have come
> onto the scene a bit more loudly.  Seems the only download is for Windows.
> I'll be watching this one and will give it a try when I can more readily do so
> (time and technology-wise).

The "come onto the scene a bit more loudly" bit is in the works :-)

The architecture works on Windows, Unix and Java platforms. The
enterprise server is currently bound to Unix only. If you attend
Python UK, I'll give a talk there explaining many of the details.
We'll put the talk up as PDF file after the event.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 17 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     15 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        99 days left