[XML-SIG] [OT] Python Coding Standards

Mark Bucciarelli mark@easymailings.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:05:39 -0500

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 8:43 am, John J Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > This came across Mitch Kapor's dev list.  Looked pretty well done,
> > thought I would share it.
>
> LOL.  Spam about the best way to write spamming software (albeit of the
> dead-tree variety, looking at http://www.easymailings.com/).  Actually, I
> can't decide whether this is spam, not-spam or both-at-once...

Geez, I marked it as off topic.  Didn't mean it as spam, meant it as a
discussion piece.  I thought there were some interesting points.

[BTW--not all bulk mailings are spam!  Some small non-profits with opt-in
lists actually appreciate the Free Software I wrote--saves them stress, time
and money.  If you have ever done a bulk mailing, you know what I am talking
about.]

> Mark: Why not post to comp.lang.python instead?  I wouldn't be surprised
> if it generated a vigorous discussion, though I doubt many Pythonistas
> will agree with your prescriptions.

I'll pass.  Burned once, twice shy.  They are not my prescriptions anyway, I
think they come via the folks that wrote eGroups at Yahoo!

Mark.