[XML-SIG] xml to pdf... a newbie question...

rmangaliag@slu.edu.ph rmangaliag@slu.edu.ph
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:38:01 +0800

thanks... i'm currently downloading it now...

how about if i choose to present the reports in postscript???

is there a python application that can change xml/xsl to postscript???

tnx again...
:)

> a friend showed me fop of java which is capable of creating
> pdf files using
> xml/xsl...
>
> do we have a python program/application that can do the same...
>
> i am about to start a web-based project here in our school
> that will require
> reports in pdf format, i want to use zope and wondering if
> and when i access a
> database and return an xml version of it, i could change it to pdf...

Unfortunately I haven't seen a FO processor written in Python yet, but
there's another possible solution for you: a free library called ReportLab
for PDF creation with Python.

It does'nt use XML/XSLT and FO but that probably doesn't matter for your
project, on the contrary: ReportLab was especially designed for generation
of PDF documents in real time from any data source on web servers. Here you
can find it: http://www.reportlab.com/

Regards
Gisbert Amm
      Email Service Provided by SLU-Net