[XML-SIG] Finding _xmlplus in Python 2.3a2

Brian Quinlan brian@sweetapp.com
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:06:22 -0800

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Hmm.  This is a judgment call that I cannot agree with.  Just look at
> the API level updates in the RPM repository for any popular C library
> in RedHat, say. You'll see that thre is a lot of churn in those
> waters.  Debian is no exception, as I found in my sojourn in
> Debian waters.

I would say that these problems are "common" with C libraries because:
1. there is a lot more deployed C code than Python code
2. Python code is most frequently used for projects with a very
   limited deployment (e.g. one server, one group of workstations, etc.)

But, as you say, this is a judgment call and I concede that I might be
wrong.

Cheers,
Brian