[XML-SIG] Problem with wddx marshaller

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Tue Jun 24 18:40:37 EDT 2003

Hi!

> > Yes, thought about this but wondered from where I get this variable.
>
> encoding is a pythom system wide variable:
>
> put in your sitecustomize.py the following:
>
> import sys
> encoding='iso-8859-1'
> sys.setdefaultencoding(encoding)

But don't I have to use the encoding defined in the XML header?
Just wondering..

I now use

    s=map(lambda x: x.encode('iso-8859-1'),ds[-1])
    ds[-1] = str(string.join(s, ""))
    self.accumulating_chars = 0

because it's a list of strings which need to get converted.
Might be better to use unicode only but then I would need to change
more of that marshaller and for my application this should be
sufficient.

What's the state of the WDDX marshaller anyway? Seems a bit dead, isn't
it? Because it implements wddx 1.0 and not 1.1 (don't know what has
changed but at least some <comment> field seems to be new in there
which basically does nothing ;-)

regards,
  Christian