[XML-SIG] pyxml wants Internet connection?

Gary Robinson grobinson at transpose.com
Mon Jun 9 22:35:40 EDT 2003

Dear Martin (and other xml-siggers):

A while back (May 27), Martin made a suggestion on this list to enable me to
do xml parsing when I'm not connected to the Internet. The problem was that
the xml file in question had the line:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

and it was apparently looking for the Apple site even when I wasn't
connected.

Martin said:

> I see. After invoking the parser's reset, and before invoking feed, you
> need to invoke
>
> parser._parser.SetParamEntityParsing(xml.parsers.expat.XML_PARAM_ENTITY_PARSIN
> G_NEVER)

But the following code doesn't work:

from xml.sax import make_parser
import xml.parsers.expat
myparser = make_parser()
myparser._parser.SetParamEntityParsing(xml.parsers.expat.XML_PARAM_ENTITY_PA
RSING_NEVER)

It gets the error: "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'SetParamEntityParsing'"

If I replace the last line above with:

myparser.SetParamEntityParsing(xml.parsers.expat.XML_PARAM_ENTITY_PARSING_NE
VER)

I get the error:

"AttributeError: ExpatParser instance has no attribute
'SetParamEntityParsing'"

If you have any ideas for how to get this working I'd really appreciate it!

Many thanks--

--Gary

--
<http://ThisURLEnablesEmailToGetThroughOverzealousSpamFilters.org>