[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.6 and PyXML 0.8.2

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:06:38 -0700

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > Thanks.  I'll announce this on xmlhack.
>
> I don't know if Martin sent something to the editors address already;
> he had that listed in ANNOUNCE already.  I've not had time to send
> anything about Expat 1.95.6; if you can annonuce the new Expat version
> there as well, that would be welcome!  It took over a week for the
> 1.95.5 announcement to appear there; I received harsh words about
> xmlhack biases against non-Java packages at that point (from an Expat
> contributor, not an xmlhack editor).

Announced.  xmlhack is really, as its name implies, a group of XML developers
who post news as time and interest dictates.  I know that several of the
editors, myself included, avoid Java like the plague, so that would be an odd
bias for the site.  I must say that Java folks seem to be better at announcing
stuff in forums that I, for one, read.

Since becoming an editor, I've tried to make sure Python is well-represented
in xmlhack news.

The open office file format  - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think15/
Python Generators + DOM - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html
4Suite Repository Features - https://www6.software.ibm.com/reg/devworks/dw-x4suite5-i/