[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.6 and PyXML 0.8.2

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:06:44 -0700

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > I think a note to this list, and to the news box on the SF page
>  > will do.  An entire new release may be overkill.
>
> Ok, we'll go this route for now.
>
> In fact, it looks like there hasn't been a news item on there for
> PyXML in a while, so I've added one for PyXML 0.8.2, with the Expat
> update suitably adjusted, and made a note in the ANNOUNCE file that it
> should be posted there as well.

Thanks.  I'll announce this on xmlhack.

> Dang, that is one small textbox they provide!
>
> So when's 4Suite coming out again?  Jeremy really wanted the NS issue
> he reported fixed in 1.95.6, and we managed to bang together a really
> solid fix in time.  ;-) (Getting it in and tested delayed Expat by 5
> days, at least some of which were just identifying all the edge cases
> and writing tests; we on the Expat team expect free copies of 4Suite!
> ;-)

We've made our first beta1 promise (and missed it).  We usually miss 3-4
promises before actually getting out a 4SUite release :-).  Current promise if
Monday.  It's looking, er, sketchy.  Anyway, it is on the way, and the great
work of the expat team has been a big help.

As for your free copies.  No problem.  We'll send you any number of licenses
of 4Suite you like on our Free WeaselWare offer.  You just give us a Visa and
Mastercard number and 4Suite is yours FREE for one year.  After one year, if
we don't hear from you that you want to cancel your 4Suite Free WeaselWare
offer (cancellations require one year's prior notice), we'll charge your
account the low low price of...

;-)

The open office file format  - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/librar
y/x-think15/