[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.6 and PyXML 0.8.2

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:56:48 -0500

Alexandre writes:
 > I don't know how complicated is the release process for PyXML, but I'd
 > have nothing against seeing a 0.8.2.1 version.

I really don't either, since Martin has been doing those since Andrew
moved on.  Perhaps we should have a checklist, similar to (but *much*
shorter than) the Python release process PEPs (yes, Python has *two*
of them!).

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > I think a note to this list, and to the news box on the SF page
 > will do.  An entire new release may be overkill.

Ok, we'll go this route for now.

In fact, it looks like there hasn't been a news item on there for
PyXML in a while, so I've added one for PyXML 0.8.2, with the Expat
update suitably adjusted, and made a note in the ANNOUNCE file that it
should be posted there as well.

Dang, that is one small textbox they provide!

So when's 4Suite coming out again?  Jeremy really wanted the NS issue
he reported fixed in 1.95.6, and we managed to bang together a really
solid fix in time.  ;-) (Getting it in and tested delayed Expat by 5
days, at least some of which were just identifying all the edge cases
and writing tests; we on the Expat team expect free copies of 4Suite!
;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>