[XML-SIG] SimpleXMLRPCServer Question

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
02 Jan 2003 09:03:06 +0100

Mark Bucciarelli <mark@easymailings.com> writes:

> I think the 500 error is triggered because the statement
>
>     data = self.rfile.read(int(self.headers["content-length"]))
>
> in the SimpleXMLRPCRequestHandler throws an exception.

Care to report what that exception is?

> So, is there some limit on the characters I can pass to an XMLRPC method?

At a minimum, the bytes in the message must form valid characters
according to the declared encoding. Remember that the default encoding
of XML is UTF-8. Also remember that XML does not support binary data,
and that XML-RPC supports the base64 element for that.

HTH,
Martin