[XML-SIG] Problem using xmlrpclib.

Brendan Rankin brendan at Magma-DA.COM
Thu Aug 7 17:00:13 EDT 2003

Just forwarding the fact that I solved my problem.  I'm now using the API
requests that require the login information for both cookies and XMLRPC
session_id/userID fields.

Thanks to both John Lee and M.A. Lemburg for the confirmation I was looking
for.  Thanks especially to John Lee for a good suggestion of methodology.

Regards,

- Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brendan Rankin [mailto:brendan at magma-da.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:43 PM
To: John J Lee
Subject: RE: [XML-SIG] Problem using xmlrpclib.

John,

It *is* (or was) the problem.  I'm now doing *exactly* what you said and
everything appears to be functioning.  I can access any further API
Requests.

Actually, it was contained in their documentation, though I still don't
understand the need for it.  To me, it seems quite redundant.  Even stranger
is the fact that the SOAP server does not have this requirement.  One would
think that they would, at the very least, try to be consistent....

Yes, I read the doc headers for the Cookie.py file included with the distro.
and it is for servers....  Thanks for the cool ClientCookie class.  Saves me
a little bit of regexing the headers on my own!

Cheers,

- Brendan