[XML-SIG] saxutils.XMLGenerator: Output encoding

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
25 Sep 2002 21:17:52 +0200

Walter D=F6rwald <walter@livinglogic.de> writes:

> Using the new functionality in PyXML is another matter, because of
> backwards compatibility. If you'd like to provide a patch for PyXML
> that work for versions prior to 2.3, go ahead.

Let me second this suggestion. The working model for PyXML is to
accept any features that people are willing to contribute or maintain,
no matter how much used a certain feature is, assuming it does not
break any existing application.

For new features, it is ok to require certain minimum Python versions
if this is documented. Requiring CVS Python makes a feature probably
available to *really* few users, though. Having less-than-ideal
fallbacks for Python 2.<3 is ok.

Please submit patches to sf.net/projects/pyxml.

Regards,
Martin