[XML-SIG] Re: Issues with Unicode type

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
25 Sep 2002 20:55:13 +0200

Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:

> Does that mean that chargen.py should be rewritten for ucs4?

No. It means that Unicode character classes don't work in SRE, for
ucs4 builds; this is http://python.org/sf/599377.

It is likely that it was me who introduced this bug, when I added the
optimization for large Unicode character classes, but I haven't found
the time to investigate that further, and may not be able to do so in
the coming months. Contributions are welcome.

> PS: if someone could help me with chargen.py which looks like black
> magic to me, I would really appreciate!

What do you want to know? It parses the character definitions of XML
1.0 2nd edition, and generates sre definitions from that.

Regards,
Martin