[XML-SIG] Re: Issues with Unicode type

Eric van der Vlist vdv@dyomedea.com
23 Sep 2002 23:46:54 +0200

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 23:32, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   I don't think chars are classes but types, and hence one cannot
> make a subclass of strings whose instances could have all length/walk/ext=
ract
> operations being special cased to reflect XML unicode string. I (and Eric
> I bet) would like to be wrong on this :-)

Well, the dream has become reallity: it's possible since Python 2.2 and
I am actually working on an implementation which would use classes
(including builtin types) and introspection to define Relax NG (or W3C
XML Schema) simple datatypes rather than redefining what a datatype
is...

Eric
--=20
Rendez-vous =E0 Paris.