[XML-SIG] Some thoughts about types libraries

Eric van der Vlist vdv@dyomedea.com
16 Sep 2002 17:04:15 +0200

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 16:25, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 16:21, Rich Salz wrote:
> >=20
> > > As candidates for type libraries interfaces, we have right now:
> >=20
> >=20
> > Has nobody looked at the ZSI typecode stuff?  I'm not sure what folks=20
> > want in a "type library," but certainly for XML-centric I think it's a=20
> > good start.
>=20
> Ooops, it's the second time you mention it and I am taking a look right
> now!

Can you give me some hints about the status of the projects under the
Python Web Services [1] umbrella?

SOAPy seems pretty ambitious with full support for W3C XML Schema but
hasn't been updated since April 2001, ie before W3C XML Schema went rec.

Your own ZSI [3] seems very interesting too, although I note that some
exotic types needed to be fully compliant (such as xs:NOTATION or
xs:ENTITY) appear to be missing. Also, a type library should support
facets and I don't think yours does.

Do you have plans to supporte all the W3C XML Schema datatypes and
eventually their facets?

Thanks

Eric

[1] http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/