[XML-SIG] [Q] xml.utils.boolean C API

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:25:20 -0400

Mike Olson writes:
 > It confused me as well.  But it is actually used.  In the init of the
 > module, we expose a ref to false and true.  The are the only two
 > instances of boolean ever created.

I've maintained that in the changes I committed yesterday, but I moved
the declarations for the (now static) globals into boolean.c.  We did
something similar for the bool type in Python 2.3, but re-used the
Py_True and Py_False globals already provided.

 > Not at all.  Though, you might need to here from Jeremy before you do
 > much as he wrote it.

Oops, too late!  Jeremy, feel free to scream if I botched things for you!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation