[XML-SIG] Can anyone recommend a sensible XML parser for Python?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:04:35 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > I take it Document.cloneNode(0) returns None because we don't want to clone
 > the documentElement?

I really can't figure out whether it should include the doctype and
document element or not.  The right answer depends on whether the
application is living in a DOM 1/2 world or a DOM 3 world, but... not
necessarily just that.

 > Reinforces my whole sketchy feeling about this.
 >
 > But I have no more specific complaint about the table.  I think the
 > "new document" row should be more detailed, especally since that's
 > where I think a lot of the surprising details lie.  Basically what
 > I wrote above, it seems.

What information do you think is missing from the "new document"
slots?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>