PyXML XPath and XSLT Re: [XML-SIG] Mass assignment of 4Suite bug reports

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:46:51 -0600

> Martin v. Loewis writes:
>  > Notice that inclusion of the current code base in releases was
>  > completely on user request. I proposed, once, that the code should
>  > merely live in the CVS, and not be released. Because of user protests,
>  > we are now releasing this known-to-be-broken code. It appears that it
>  > still makes some users happy - admittedly at the expense of causing
>  > worries to other users.
>
> Perhaps these should only be installed on user request?  The current
> setup.py includes them by default; perhaps we should change that to
> deal with the known-broken situation.

I would agree with this while they remain broken.  Once they're working, we'd
re-enable them by default.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-jclark.html