[XML-SIG] Element.localName, Attr.localName

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
02 Sep 2002 06:28:11 +0200

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:

> Ah, but here I disagree.  minidom should support namespace-unaware
> processing, primarily because it is *the* DOM that is shipped as part
> of the Python standard library, and most simple applications of XML
> are namespace unaware (which is more reasonable than expecting them to
> become namespace aware).  I consider this a substantial requirement.

Yes, and one that Python meets quite well. Just restrict yourself to
DOM L1 functions, and voila, you have namespace-unaware processing. I
don't think you've demonstrated that the L1 functions are misbehaving.

Regards,
Martin