[XML-SIG] ANN: XIST 2.0

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:31:30 -0400

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:37:25AM +0200, Walter D=F6rwald wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>=20
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:39:14PM +0200, Walter D=F6rwald wrote:
> >=20
> >>   * XIST now has namespace support for parsing and publishing.
> >>     Namespace support is even available for entities and
> >>     processing instruction.
> >=20
> >=20
> >   Are you trying to reinvent XML ? Namespace support for PI ???
> > What's that ?
>=20
> The character : is valid inside processing instruction targets, so
> why shouldn't the application use this to interpret targets
> containing : as prefix/localname pairs?
>=20
>=20
> is perfectly valid XML and so is
>=20

  Yep but it has absolutely no relationship to namespaces. Please
read http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ before inventing stuff and
tell me the semantic of the namespace in your mapping for the following
examples:

----
<?foo:bar?>
<doc/>
----
<doc>
<?foo:bar?>
</doc>
----

  first case there cannot be any namespace in scope.
  second case is perfectly legal w.r.t. XML + Namespace and still your
  mapping has no semantic.

Sorry your mapping is broken, it doesn't reflect the specs and is broken
in a number of obvious ways.

Daniel

--=20