[XML-SIG] help on installing PyXML

Nitesh Shrestha shrestha@ipsi.fraunhofer.de
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:35:49 +0200

This does not help. I run the regpy20.py script with minor change of
version (2.2.2 instead of 2.0) and python path, which run okay and says
registered. But again same problem. Yeah, I have installed extension of
python for windows, win32all , which is installed successfully. But
what=B4s wrong with this PyXML. I think I am missing something..
Regards,
Nitesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fredrik Lundh [mailto:fredrik@pythonware.com]=20
Sent: Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 12:56
To: Nitesh Shrestha; xml-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [XML-SIG] help on installing PyXML

Nitesh Shrestha wrote:

>   I am trying to install PyXML but I am stuck. When the wizard starts
> to install, I get the setup screen. There is nothing in first screen,
> information about PyXML, then I clicked on next. Here it ask for
"Select
> python installation to use:" but there is nothing and I can not give
the
> path also.

the installer looks for certain keys in the windows registry, and fails
to find the python interpreter if they are not there.

this note might help:

http://www.pythonware.com/products/works/articles/regpy20.htm

(don't forget to update version numbers and paths to match
the actual installation, of course)

</F>