[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.8.1 pyexpat segfault

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:40:15 -0600

On Friday 11 October 2002 07:11 am, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Martin v. Loewis writes:
>  > Sounds good. We will then release 0.8.2 shortly.
>
> How shortly?  Some of the problems have been chased down and
> determined to be Expat bugs, and I don't think all these have been
> fixed yet.
>
> Several Expat bugs have been fixed; I need to spend some time on the
> regression tests for Expat before there can be another release of
> that.  I won't have any time for it until next week.
>
> Uche, how many of the bugs you're concerned about are actual Expat
> bugs?

There are two Expat bugs which are very reproduceable, I should know, I=20
reported them.  The xmlns in external subset (fixed in xmlparse.c, v1.91)=
 and=20
the storeRawNames fix (fixed in v1.93).  Both of these end up corrupting=20
malloc's memory structures which end up causing segfaults in strange plac=
es=20
(totally unrelated areas of code).  With the fixes, I can successfully=20
complete 4Suite's regression tests.

Jeremy Kloth