[XML-SIG] replace ENTITY_NODE ?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:33:52 -0400

J=FCrgen Schmidt writes:
 > I'm using version 0.8 of PyXML.
 > And the parser is chosen by the Reader class. I tried validating and=

 > non-validating, so it should be pyexpat and xmlproc.

Starting with PyXML 0.8, there is a new DOM builder that doesn't go
through SAX accessible using minidom's DOM 3 Load support (spec still
in draft).  You can use it like this:

    dom =3D xml.dom.minidom.getDOMImplementation()
    builder =3D dom.createDOMBuilder(dom.MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, None)
    # use setFeature() & friends as needed
    doc =3D builder.parseURI(...)

Note that the ENTITY nodes are created, but they are not filled in,
and entities are not parsed.  This will be improved in the future.

Now, I'm not at all sure how to deal with ENTITY nodes when namespaces
are being processed, since there is no meaningful namespace context in
the raw entities at that point.  ;-(

  -Fred

--=20
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>