[XML-SIG] Jython experience with std. lib. XML and PyXML?

Stéphane Bidoul stephane.bidoul@softwareag.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 16:06:06 +0200

For me, it does work quite well (PyXML 0.7.0 & Jython 2.1).

To set it up, I renamed _xmlplus to lib/xml,
effectively replacing the xml package from the std jython lib
(I seem to recall that the _xmlplus magic did not work well
under jython, but I don't know the specifics anymore).

I had only 2 minor issues:

- the xmlproc sax driver has a bug
  (a minor one, actually, but important for my purpose):
  pyxml bug #503411: changing content handler during parse
- the javasax driver is not completely finished:
  it lacks some xml namespace support: I patched it up
  just enough to fill my needs [if anyone is interested,
  I can polish up those patches and submit them]

There is also an issue with the javasax driver (pyxml bug #503823)
and python streams, but that one looks difficult to solve
(how to map a python file object to a java stream?)

'hope this helps.

-Stephane