[XML-SIG] Schema -> Python Objects framework?

Matt Gushee Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:21:19 -0600

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 09:06:29AM -0400, Ian Sparks wrote:

> I have on occasion found myself writing python classes with the ability to
> read and write themselves to XML :
>
> It occurs to me that it might be fairly easy to write some code that would
> take an XML Schema and convert it into skeleton python classes with these
> toXML() and fromXML() methods auto-generated.
>
> This then begs the question : Has anyone done this?

Thought about it, never got around to it. And I'm not aware of any Python
package that handles XML Schema in any way.

If you do this, I hope you will share your work with the community. I
imagine many people would be interested.

By the way, has it occurred to you that your XML object serialization
stuff could be more flexible, and probably lose little or nothing in
performance, if you used dictionaries for attributes instead of hard-
coding their names?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA