[XML-SIG] Reading characters

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 22:36:31 -0400

Albert Chin writes:
 > Can I use another SAX parser in PyXML?

There is xmlproc, which is written entirely in Python.  I don't think
it breaks input into separate lines, which may offer some improvement
for performance, but I don't know that it isn't swallowed by the cost
of implementing the parser in Python.

It would be nice if Expat could avoid breaking the input into separate
lines, at least as an option.  This would be largely an issue for the
underlying parser and not the Python binding.  I suspect it would not
be too difficult to do at least when the input and output encodings
match (at the Expat library layer, not the Python layer).

Here's a feature request for Expat:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=558977&group_id=10127&atid=110127

  -Fred

--