[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
27 Mar 2002 15:39:06 +0100

Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> > Not necessarily. Someone could volunteer to back-port all changes to
> > 1.5. Also, it may be that users of Python 1.5 don't care about new
> > features, as long as it still installs.
>
> Well, someone could volunteer to rewrite CPython in K&R-style C. Does
> that mean Python is actively supported on dinosaur PDP-11 boxes?;-)

No: the difference would be that patches to Python to change to K&R C
would be rejected. I would accept patches to PyXML to backport it to
Python 1.5 if there was interest in such patches. This seems to be all
theoretical - nobody has requested that Python 1.5 continues to work,
or offered to contribute patches.

Regards,
Martin