[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:19:22 -0500

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:34:53AM +0100, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsr=F8d) writes:
>=20
> > We still ship Python 1.5. as the default python, and will be for a
> > little while longer... we can't switch python until the next major
> > release, due to compatibility concerns.
>=20
> What does that mean for PyXML? Are you shipping PyXML packages?

  We ship 1.5 as the default Python. There is also python2 packages
which have been upgraded to 2.2 and hence should include PyXML.
  We also ship the libxml2/libxslt Python bindings which include support
for both python 1.5 and the version of 2.x provided.

Daniel

--=20