[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg@redhat.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:32:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Trond Eivind Glomsrød writes:
>  > We still ship Python 1.5. as the default python, and will be for a
>  > little while longer... we can't switch python until the next major
>  > release, due to compatibility concerns.
>
> Please bring the specific concerns up on the python-dev list

No point, they aren't compatible. Since modules aren't compatible, we
don't upgrade until the next major release when we'll use whatever is
current at the time for the next major series. (e.g. if we had a
hypothetical 8.x series and 8.0 had 2.2, the rest of them would have 2.2
as well). It's not a bug, it has just evolved a bit.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.