[XML-SIG] tkinter in Internet Explorer Netscape

Matt Gushee Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:11:34 -0600

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:50:37PM -0700, Lamarche, Brian L wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can use Tkinter windows and graphics in Python like
> you can with Java?

You mean Tkinter applets?

First of all, an XML-oriented list is really not the best place for a
question like this. If there isn't a Tkinter or GUI SIG, then probably
comp.lang.python would be most appropriate. But since I'm answering
anyway ...

I think the answer is no. The closest thing I have seen to it is the Tcl
Plugin that somebody (Sun?) was distributing 3-4 years ago. If you could
find that, and if it were Open Source (but it's not if I remember
right), you could conceivably hack it to act as a Tkinter back end. But
I don't imagine you want to do that. I'm not aware of any plugin that
will, out of the box, let you deploy a Tkinter applet.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA