[XML-SIG] Problem with msie_parse program

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@comcast.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:10:07 -0400

[Martin v. Loewis]

> There might be a bug in msie_parse, or in Internet Explorer (in the
> sense that it changed its bookmark format after msie_parse was
> written).

It is both.  IE changed (probably extended with new features) its bookmark
format, and there is a bug that prevents directories from being correctly
nested in the output xml.

After I fixed the code, I was able to turn my collection of IE favorites
into nearly 1000 bookmarks into XBEL format, and from there using a
stylesheet I created an XTM topic map from them.

Cheers,

Tom P