[XML-SIG] Deep copy of an element from one document to another

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
19 Jun 2002 17:22:37 -0600

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 12:59, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > Does anyone have any tricks they've used for dealing with syntax skew
>  > like this?
>
> Take a look at Python's Lib/email/Iterators.py for Barry Warsaw's
> approach.  ;-)

Hmm.  Color me slow  :-)

I see nothing in Lib/email/Iterators.py itself.  And just in case, I
tried loading it with python 1.5 and got the expected blow-up.

So I assume you mean something more devious than code.

Barry got his utility functions packaged with Python so that he could
just ship portable code, which would try to import these souped-up
functions, and fall back to pre-iterator forms if not available?

If so, Barry gets my Daily Machination Award  ;-)

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
The Languages of the Semantic Web -
http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=2453/new1020218556549/index.html