[XML-SIG] Stripping a namespace

Douglas Bates bates@stat.wisc.edu
18 Jun 2002 17:27:08 -0500

Thanks again for the replies to my earlier question about a deep copy
of an element into another document.

I have another complication with this operation.  The element that I
am copying has an xmlns attribute defined and this is propagated when I
copy the children.  In the new document I end up with

<i xmlns='http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/'>S</i>

and I want only

<i>S</i>

I'm not sure of the terminology but I think this is a result of the original
document defining a default namespace in the enclosing element.  I am
copying the description element from a "Dublin Core" element like

<dc xmlns="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xsi:schemaLocation="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/1.1/dc.xsd" >
   <title>On the infinite cluster of Bernoulli bond percolation in Scherk's graph </title>
   <creator>Chen, Dayue</creator>
   <subject>60J15 (MSC2000)</subject>
   <subject>60K35 (MSC2000)</subject>
   <subject>Bernoulli bond percolation </subject>
   <subject>Scherk's graph </subject>
   <subject>transience </subject>
   <publisher>The Applied Probability Trust</publisher>
   <date>2001-12 (Issued)</date>
   <type>text</type>
   <format>application/pdf</format>
   <identifier>http://ProjectEuclid.org/GetRecord?id=euclid.jap/1011994175</identifier>
   <identifier>euclid.jap/1011994175</identifier>
   <identifier>Citation: J. Appl. Probab. 38 (2001), no. 4, 828-840</identifier>
   <language>en</language>
   <rights></rights>
   <rights>Copyright 2001 The Applied Probability Trust</rights>
</dc>