[XML-SIG] merging xml sources (again)

Mike Brown mike@skew.org
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:37:43 -0600 (MDT)

Jed Parsons wrote:
> I would like to be able to merge bits of xml into a document
> while it's being parsed.  Merging is triggered by an element
> I'm calling 'include-xml' that indicates the location of an
> external xml document.

How is this different from XInclude?

There was a good thread on XInclude on xml-dev at the end of April, but the
list archives apparently stop on April 26 and don't start again till May 1 :/
Maybe Uche has it. It also came up on xsl-list in the last few days.

FWIW, 4Suite's XML readers expand XIncludes by default, if I'm not mistaken.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do with a SAX document handler.
Just customize startElement()...

   - Mike
  mike j. brown                   |  xml/xslt: http://skew.org/xml/
  denver/boulder, colorado, usa   |  resume: http://skew.org/~mike/resume/