[XML-SIG] [XML-checkins]SAX or DOM

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel@ensta.fr
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:55:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm new to XML processing, and I want to
write a python app that :

1- parse a xml config file,
2- set it's data as default's data in several wxPython
forms and,
3- could be able to write a pretty xml file with
the data set corrected by the user with the form.

For 1 & 2, the SAX API is very adapted but how to
simply print a new well formed xml file with this data ?

For this point (3), DOM seems to be a smarter choice,
but not for the first points (my parsed config file may
contain a lot of data that I don't need ...)

So what should I do ?

Unfortunately, pullDOM and SAX2DOM docs aren't complete :(

Thanks in advance,

Olivier