[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:02:47 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > The std library.  2.1 or later onnly, ya know.

I know -- I wrote that module!  ;-)

 > I just mentioned it because I already had it lying around.  Given that
 > the release is impending, I think I should put away the idea for now.

Agreed.  Perhaps it would be useful to add an "html" package to the
"sandbox" area to let people look at / work on the module to see if
there's sufficient interest in polishing it up for release.

 > Someone really should fix the sgmlop char ent bug before this release,
 > though.  I don't suppose Walter has a moment?  I would, but I'll already
 > have my hands full of PyXML work tonight and I think he knows sgmlop
 > better than I do.

Probably.  I've not been using any of the HTML support code myself.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation