[XML-SIG] Expat (Was: Strange install issue)

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
24 Jul 2002 23:47:56 +0200

Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Until then, concerning Python's XML support, I'll reiterate that
> it still surprises me to see packaging issues dominating over
> application issues in what is considered to be a key area for
> old and new Python users.

At the time the XML libraries were integrated, nobody suggested to
incorporate Expat (check the archives). It is always easy to appear
smart from the historical perspective :-(

I really hate arguing at some point with people to explain them why
things should be done in some way, and then, if they are done in a
different way, to explain people why they have been done that way.

Does it really surprise you that people are human beings, instead of
being omnipotent? Besides, what is the point of pointing out your
surprise?

Regards,
Martin