[XML-SIG] Expat (Was: Strange install issue)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:18:56 -0400

Dinu Gherman writes:
 > Jim's compressed expat archive has a 150 KB footprint, PyXML 0.7.1
 > has one of 600 KB (apparently including expat) - so what?

What's "Jim's compressed expat archive" ?

 > As you should well know, one argument of all Python evangelists is
 > the label "batteries included". Quite franky, in times of cheap
 > Gigabyte drives and ADSL, I'd expect most people to care more
 > about wasting their time than about a few more KB...

But we still get a lot of complaints about the size of the Python
installer for Windows, even though there are a lot of mirror sites.
So it's not at all clear that it's so clear cut.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation