[XML-SIG] sgmlop changes cause test breakage

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:46:27 +0200

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> I don't know how other people are testing their changes to PyXML, but
> running "make check" really works if you install enough versions of
> Python.  ;-)
>
> This morning's changes to extensions/sgmlop.c cause warnings and
> failing tests:
>
> python2.0 setup.py  -q build
> extensions/sgmlop.c: In function `fastfeed':
> extensions/sgmlop.c:1246: warning: implicit declaration of function `PyUnicode_GetMax'
> python2.1 setup.py  -q build
> extensions/sgmlop.c: In function `fastfeed':
> extensions/sgmlop.c:1246: warning: implicit declaration of function `PyUnicode_GetMax'
>
> PyUnicode_GetMax() was introduced in Python 2.2.  Are we not still
> trying to support from Python 2.0 forward?

I've uploaded a new patch to bug #497322 that should fix the problem.

I hope that UCS4 support was introduced to Python at the same time
as PyUnicode_GetMax(), otherwise the overflow check will get more
complicated.

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald