[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:51:20 -0400

Alexandre writes:
 > I've checked in the the debian archive, and the file is missing in the
 > python2.2 package. So it looks like different build configuration give
 > different results. I'll have to sort this out with Jerome Marant (who
 > rebuilds the packages before uploading them).

For PyXML 0.7.1 and earlier, setup.py tried to magically determine if
it was needed, and if a pyexpat from Python was considered "good
enough", it didn't get built.

Clearly, keeping the check for "good enough" up to date is a
maintenance problem, which we now avoid.

 > My opinion is that this is a pure debian packaging bug, and that we can
 > safely close it on the PyXML bug tracker.

Done.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>