[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:04:00 +0200

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:37:19AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > Apparently not in Debian.  Perhaps this is actually a bug in the
>  > Debian packaging.  Perhaps Jerome was extra clever and decided to
>  > disable compiling pyexpat in since Python has its own?  Alexandre?
>  > Any ideas?
>
> Avoid excess cleverness and always use our own Expat/pyexpat?  Anyone
> that defeats the build support we provide is on there own, and should
> be mercilessly hunted down with suction-cup darts.

Yay!

As I said in my previous mail, I really don't think I'm being overly
clever in that regard, espacially since I don't know the innards of the
expat building support (and certainly havce no envy of messing with
them)

I'll forward a couple of mails I exchanged with someone affecged by the
bug to the list.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).