[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:31:24 -0600

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > This is a compatability bug.  Most of us don't see this because
>  > we're using the PyXML version of pyexpat.
>  >
>  > This new intern keyword arg for ParserCreate isn't even in the
>  > Python 2.2. release, so I think it should be removed, or that some
>  > better checking is done for it.
>
> But don't we always build our own version of pyexpat now?

Apparently not in Debian.  Perhaps this is actually a bug in the Debian
packaging.  Perhaps Jerome was extra clever and decided to disable compiling
pyexpat in since Python has its own?  Alexandre?  Any ideas?

>  > I hesitate to hacka at the problem, though, without having an idea
>  > what was in mind when the arg was added.
>
> Efficiency.

Smart alec  :-)

I was thinking more along the lines of what you said above: the person who
made the change (you, I suppose) assumed PyXML always builds its own pyexpat.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/li
brary/x-think11.html