[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:12:14 -0600

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:02:11AM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > I'm planning to release PyXML 0.8 in a week from now (i.e. next
> > Wednesday or so). If you have any changes that should go into the
> > release, please apply them now. Likewise, if you know of any patches
> > on SF, or bug reports, that should be considered for this release,
> > please let us know.
>
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone looked given a look at bug #573011?
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=573011&group_id=6473&atid=106473)
>
> I have not been able to reproduce it, but two different person submitted
> it on the Debian bugtracking system, there is quite possibly an issue
> at hand.

This is a compatability bug.  Most of us don't see this because we're using
the PyXML version of pyexpat.

This new intern keyword arg for ParserCreate isn't even in the Python 2.2.
release, so I think it should be removed, or that some better checking is done
for it.

I hesitate to hacka at the problem, though, without having an idea what was in
mind when the arg was added.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/li