[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4 revisited

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:41:14 -0600

> Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
>  > I'm planning to release Expat 1.95.4 tomorrow.  This promises to be a
>  > stable release that fixes a lot of minor bugs and includes more
>  > platform support.
>
> The release has been out a week and a half, and there have been no
> real complaints regarding the code.  I think we can consider 1.95.4
> fairly stable.  ;-)
>
>  > What I'd like to do is:
>  >
>  >   - modify pyexpat.c to support Expat's recent ability to return
>  >     namespace prefixes as well as namespace URIs (useful for DOM
>  >     construction),
>
> This has been done.
>
>  >   - update the DOM construction code, at least for the new minidom
>  >     builder, to use this to get namespace prefixes right, and
>
> This has been done.
>
>  >   - integrate Expat 1.95.4 into PyXML.
>
> This too has been done.
>
>  > Once this is done, I'd like to see another release of PyXML go out so
>  > that these new features get broader testing.  I don't know what
>  > version number this release should carry.
>
> I think I'm set for PyXML 0.8.  I still need to look over the bug
> reports to see if there's anything that I can deal with easily.
>
> Does anyone else have any to-dos for 0.8?

I've been planning a sweep of SF bugs before the release, and some testing
with 4Suite.  Just go ahead and announce the tentative release date and that
will pressure me into actually getting this done  :-)

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/li
brary/x-think11.html