[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4 in PyXML

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
12 Jul 2002 23:05:16 +0200

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:

> Martin, do you have any reason for me to use a branch?

Please don't use branches unless you have code that is known not to
work properly; the PyXML mainline is for the evolution of the code
base.

IOW, feel free to commit Expat to the mainline.

> Are you planning to maintain PyXML 0.7.x once 0.8 is out?

There is a branch available for further 0.7 releases. Unless somebody
presents a specific requirement for another 0.7 release, there won't
be any, though. One possible reason would be that a serious bug is
found, and there is a Python 1.5 user who demands to get the fix in a
released version.

Regards,
Martin