[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:54:51 -0400

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > Will you then require that all applications of pyexpat use Expat
 > 1.95.4? If not: How do you plan to make the use of these features
 > optional?

I think using the "namespace triplets" feature should require both
enabling namespaces as currently done, and also explicitly requesting
that the prefix be reported using an attribute on the parser object,
similar to buffer_text and returns_unicode.  Maybe namespace_prefixes.

It should only support true values for Expat 1.95.3 and newer (though
1.95.3 should be avoided for other reasons), but pyexpat.c can provide
the attribute for other versions with a false value.

 > That will be PyXML 0.8. I'll post a Call For Patches shortly.

Cool!  I still need to make the changes to pyexpat.c, which I don't
think I'll get to until next week.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>